4 promo product trends from PPAI Expo 2022
January 20, 2022
Last week, the PPAI Expo took place in person for the first time since 2020. This event draws thousands of suppliers, promotional product consultants, and industry professionals from across the country.
As the promotional product industry’s largest event, the PPAI Expo provides an invaluable opportunity to see products upfront, get questions answered by suppliers, and keep up with new trends that can be utilized by companies for a variety of marketing and HR swag strategies. Read on to discover some of the emerging trends for 2022 that stood out to our team.
1. Full-Color Comfort
There’s never been a more fitting time to indulge in a bit of self-care and comfort, especially when you can now upgrade items with a fully custom print. Dye-sublimation allows you to print a full-color design that is edge-to-edge for a completely unique product.
- Stay comfy and warm with a pair of custom fuzzy slippers.
- Sleep restfully with a custom weighted blanket.
- Be a snuggly superhero with a hooded blanket cape.
2. Next-Level Sustainability
Over the last few years, the industry has seen a huge shift as suppliers have focused on incorporating more recycled materials into their products. This year, we’re seeing companies take their efforts to the next level by investing in more sustainable business practices as well.
- Clothing manufacturers Marine Layer and Everywhere Apparel created their own recycling/up-cycling programs so that you can give your no-longer-wanted clothing a second life. Threadfast Apparel and Tentree plant trees after purchases are made.
- In drinkware, MiiR donates 3% of all revenue to traceable giving projects and Corkcicle donates 5% of online sales to the charity: water project.
- Suppliers belonging to 1% for the Planet or are B-Corporation certified are also increasing, with notable call-outs being Tentree, MiiR, Xactly, Nimble, Cotopaxi, Conscious Step, and more.
3. Muted Earth Tones
These soft, warm colors are trending as people desire to connect with nature and bring a sense of calm to their daily lives via their drinkware, writing instruments, or clothing. This natural color palette is considered to be friendly, contemporary, and inviting.
- Bella+Canvas introduced a beautiful muted product apparel line in neutrals, pastels, and desert hues.
- Our favorite Swiss-manufactured pen line offers every color under the rainbow, including new, on-trend muted tones.
- The h2go drinkware line offers soothing shades in a variety of different bottle styles.
4. The Great Outdoors
Modern life can be hectic and stressful, so a little encouragement to get outside and get moving sure is appreciated. We continue to see an increase in products being offered that allow people to step away from the grind, get some fresh air, and reconnect with nature.
- Well-known retail brands like Coleman and OtterBox provide great tumbler and hard cooler options. S’well is now offering portable food containers to conveniently store your snacks.
- Practice sun safety when outdoors with Sun Bum sunscreen and lip balm.
- Wool blankets pair perfectly with lightweight portable camping chairs or hammocks.
We hope you enjoyed this snapshot of new products and that it can help inspire swag ideas to implement in the coming year. As always, you can reach out to your Customer Success Manager to learn more about these options and get help with any questions.
Leave a Comment