Store Customization Basics
Wondering if you should customize the look beyond the basic template? In this article we go over why you should customize your store and the basic ways you can.
Why should you customize your store?
- Customizing your store with your brand is your first opportunity to show fans that you’re awesome and they shouldn’t wait to be wearing your swag.
- Just like the clothes you wear or the bumper stickers on your car, the appearance of your store says something about your brand.
- Having a store with a coordinated theme as your website keeps your brand front and center of your users and fans.
- Investing time in your store is investing time in building your brand.
Emmanuel Jal’s store grabs your attention, quickly communicates that he is a musician, and his theme matches the rest of his website.
Ways you can customize your store
From your Campaign Overview screen, click on the Manage Campaign button to get started on your store customization.
What are all those tabs good for?
This tab holds the bare bones of your store. This is where you can name your store, change your Printfection hosted URL and most importantly add your logo to the store homepage.
Before you really start to create a fully customized store, you need to pick a theme. If you are going to go all out with the HTML/CSS we suggest the Sandbox theme.
This tab allows you to customize how many products or sections are displayed across your store and section homepages. Under this tab we also allow you to limit the menu and breadcrumb displays. For custom HTML, click the box next to Customize the HTML.
Use the options under myBrand to white label your store homepage and the check out pages.
- Remove the Printfection logo from your Store.
- Customize Contact/ Help URL for general inquiries back to your own help center.
- Brand contact forms and confirmation emails with your logo and a special message.
- Customize the logo, background image, and color scheme in the check out pages and packing slip.
Domain mapping allows you to use your own domain like store.yourwebsite.com or even www.yourwebsite.com instead of the default Printfection hosted URL. Don’t worry you won’t hurt our feelings if you don’t want our URL, we encourage you to setup domain mapping and customize your URL. Check out the domain mapping instructions.
The custom CSS tab allows you customize and edit the CSS of the existing theme or start from scratch with your own. You use CSS you can customize colors, fonts, background and more. Check out our Advanced Branding article for CSS tags.
This tab is enabled in the Display Options tab. Use the Custom HTML tab to edit the Store layout. If you are unfamiliar with HTML use only the options available under the Display Options tab. Check out our Advanced Branding article for the store tags documentation.
Need some inspiration?
Check out our Store Examples to get those creative juices flowing.