Platform Application Guidelines
Effective August 9, 2008
The Printfection Platform is designed to be as open and flexible as possible. Because of this, we need to make sure developers understand and respect the expectations Printfection users have about their experiences on, through, and with the Printfection site.
The following Platform Application Guidelines were created to help developers understand what kinds of things are – and are not—appropriate for the Printfection Platform. All Applications using the Printfection Platform are subject to these guidelines, in addition to any other guidelines and agreements applicable to a developer’s use of the Printfection Platform, including but not limited to the Printfection Developer Terms of Service.
Applications may not:
- Falsely represent themselves, or what they do, or how they use information from Printfection users;
- Access the Printfection Platform for any reason(s) other than what was described to Printfection in the “application notes” section of the api key request process;
- Attempt to cloak or conceal your identity or your application’s identity when requesting authorization to use Printfection Platform and/or Printfection APIs
- Request or collect Printfection Web Site usernames or passwords from any user;
- Use Printfection as a generic image hosting service for banner advertisements, graphics, etc.
- Proxy usernames or passwords for the purposes of automating logins to the Printfection Web Site;
- Use the Printfection Platform in a way that adversely impacts the stability of Printfection’s servers and Services or adversely impacts the behavior of other Applications using the Printfection Platform
- Permit any person to impersonate a user of the Printfection Web Site or obtain access to the Printfection Web Site without authorization;
- Disregard or circumvent any technical measures instituted by Printfection to ensure that the application only provides users with access to Printfection Site content in accordance with any user privacy settings;
- Constitute, promote, or be used in connection with spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code;
- Use Printfection logos or trademarks, or express or imply any endorsement by or affiliation with Printfection;
- Be designed or used for the primary purpose of facilitating unauthorized distribution of copyrighted content; or
- Be promoted or marketed in any way as a means to distribute copyrighted content without authorization.
Application Content Restrictions
Applications may not promote, or contain content (including any advertising content) referencing, facilitating, promoting or using, the following:
- generally offensive or inappropriate as determined by Printfection.com in its sole discretion;
- obscene or pornographic;
- libelous, slanderous or otherwise defamatory;
- designed or intended to harass, threaten, or intimidate others;
- in violation of any applicable, rule, law regulation or ordinance;
- content that infringes on any right of a third party including, but not limited to any rights relating to trademarks, copyrights, trade secret, trade dress, patent, right of publicity, or rights of privacy.
- any known associations with hate, criminal and/or terrorist activities;
- hate speech, whether directed at an individual or a group, and whether based upon the race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation or language of such individual or group;
- “Spam” or other advertising or marketing content that violates applicable laws, regulations or industry standards.
This section only applies to Applications that may be displayed on “store” pages or other pages of the Printfection Site (i.e., as opposed to pages served by a developer or other third party). Applications designed or implemented to be presented in an “i-Frame” or otherwise framed by elements of the Printfection Site, or to be “embedded” into any page of the Printfection Site (e.g., via custom HTML and custom CSS) must comply with the following functionality requirements:
- Display or linking to any websites or content that, if used on the Printfection Web Site, would violate any of Printfection’s agreements or policies, or would be considered, in the sole and absolute discretion of Printfection, competitive in nature, are not allowed;
- Pop-ups and pop-under applications are not allowed;
- Advertisements or paid promotional content of any kind are not allowed;
- Web search functionality of any kind is not allowed; and
- Developer must have intellectual property rights to any content displayed and be permitted to display such content on the Printfection Site
- Printfection reserves the right to modify or require developers to modify any content displayed on any pages of the Printfection Site to conform to these Printfection Platform Application Guidelines.
Marketing your Application
Developers may only use Printfection trademarks (such as “Printfection”) as permitted by the Printfection Developer Terms of Service. Developers must comply with all applicable laws and regulations (including the CAN-SPAM Act and other laws related to spam or advertising), their own privacy policies, and expressed user preferences (e.g., any “opt-outs” or “opt-ins”) when marketing or promoting their Applications, and may not market or promote their Applications in a way that would negatively reflect on Printfection.
Amendments or Modifications
Printfection.com reserves the right to add, delete, or modify in any way and in its sole discretion, any of the terms and conditions contained in these Platform Application Guidelines. You may be notified of any changes in the same manner as provided for in the Printfection Developer Terms of Service. If any change is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to terminate this Agreement and discontinue your use of the Printfection Platform. Your continued use of the Printfection Platform, following the notice of a change to this Agreement shall constitute affirmative binding acceptance of the changes.
Most Popular Resources
Have a Question?
Don't see the answer to your question? Have an idea you wan to run by us?